Keith Stanovich in his _How to Think Straight About Psychology_ has a
number of them.  Some that come to mind are

he who hesitates...   and    look before you leap
too many cooks ...   and    two heads are better....
birds of a feather... and    opposites attract

There's also a list of common misconceptions about science and
psychology in the early chapters of Mynatt & Doherty (still my favorite
intro text).

HTH,

-------
"Whatever power the United States Constitution
envisions for the Executive in its exchanges with
other nations or with enemy organizations in times
of conflict, it most assuredly envisions a role
for all three branches when individual liberties
are at stake."
---
July 20,2006
US District Court for Northern California