We gave up our TV when doing major construction on our house eleven years ago, while continuing to live in it- a year to remember!  Yes, the kids protested initially then were OK.  But we do have several computers in the house, so some of them watch episodes of their favorite series which they have downloaded, e.g. various iterations of CSI.   None of my married children have TVs either, but some of their children watch various programs at internet sites, in addition to DVDs, all chosen by their parents.  It is not an all or none choice.

Riki Koenigsberg