In a message dated 12/1/2006 12:01:42 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Paul,  projects in Experimental Psych are for instructional  purposes, and
would not normally be reviewed by the IRB.  Students of  course are taught
about
the review process.  For such classes and our  labs, we usually send a
statement to the IRB (yearly) that indicates such work  is instructional and
not
considered research per the federal  guidelines.   We don't have a problem.

Who are the subjects in your projects?  I teach AP Psych in  a high school
that is an affiliate of a university.   A number of  years ago, I was sent a
memo from the university saying that all student  research would have to go
through the IRB process.  Separately, I was told  there would probably be
expedited
review, but we would still have to submit  proposals.  Since then the
students have not done any research, though all  we had in mind were surveys or
replications of social  psych experiments. This is a loss to the students, but
the
IRB process  would not be worth the effort.

Riki Koenigsberg