Speaking of SE and reliability issues, our local high school has a grading program that calculates the precentage grade to 3 decimal places and letter-grade distinctions are based on these fine distinctions.

My son received a 'B' (in psychology) because he missed the cutoff for an 'A' by less than 0.25%!

"Stuart McKelvie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 08-May-07 4:14:01 PM >>>

The general question is this:

When we calculate a final percentage grade, how reliable is it? Another
way of putting this is: What is the standard error of measurement?

Sincerely,

Stuart

Stuart J. McKelvie, Ph.D., Department of Psychology,
Bishop's University,
2600 College Street,
 Sherbrooke,
QuĊĦbec J1M 0C8,
Canada.
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED] Phone: (819)822-9600, Extension 2402
Fax: (819)822-9661
Bishop's Psychology Department Web Page:
http/:www.ubishops.ca/ccc/dev/soc/psy

Kenneth M. Steele, Ph.D.                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Department of Psychology          http://www.psych.appstate.edu
Appalachian State University
Boone, NC 28608
USA