I suspect we go on a bit too much with these student comments but they a
so healing for us all as we move toward this stressful time of the
semester.  I mean Marc, that's an absolute classic--"in my mind I thought
. . ."  Well, a bit scary also but whatever, thank you all for your
examples as they provide humor when we need it so.

What I get that's always so depressing and tiresome is the following.  I
give 8 essay tests during the semester so do allow for one make-up during
the last week of class.  But a too large minority need to ask me which
test they missed--or need to make up. ARGH  So, from now on my classes
will be provided a sheet attached to the syllabus to record their grades
for each test and be told they are on their own regarding remembering
their test scores.

Joan