From: Horton, Joseph J. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS) <tips@acsun.frostburg.edu>
Sent: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 3:25 pm
Subject: [tips] Doubt about antidepressants

The Financial Times has an article questioning the efficacy of anti-depressants.

http://tinyurl.com/338mhz

>From the article:

Almost 50 clinical trials were reviewed by psychologists from the University of
Hull who found that new-generation anti-depressants worked no better than a
placebo – a dummy pill – for mildly depressed patients.

“They do not always suit everybody but the results are often life-saving.
People who do studies do not have the hands-on experience of using these
medicines.”

Joe

Joseph J. Horton Ph. D.

Box 3077

Grove City College

Grove City, PA 16127

In God we trust. All others must bring data.