Gee, do I really want to get into this at all anymore?!  But both Pinker
and Harris boldly state that parents are not important.  Quote from the
foreword by Pinker states, "The thesis of The Nurture Assumption . . .(is)
that genes and peers matter, but parent's don't matter.  In the preface by
Harris, she quotes from her journal article, "Do parents have any
important long-term effects on the development of their children's
personality? This article examines the evidence and concludes that the
answer is no."

I will again apologize for my very inaccurate statement that no citations
were provided.  However, I have been spending much time today reviewing
this text and will provide a number of examples of statements in this book
later this week that are quite unfounded and provide no citation.
Stephen, please don't respond yet.  Wait until I have the proper time and
energy to provide what I believe to be reasons that this text has
weaknesses that the scientific community at-large should be made aware.
After I present such, go at me with any and all criticisms.  This is what
this listserv is all about--learning what does and does not make up good
science.

Joan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]