[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Occasionally I discuss with students the impact of prof language characteristics and academic motivation.I find that American students are more likely to complain about accents than international students.I assume that international students have had greater exposure to all types of international teachers in their home countries. However I do find that some international students have issues with the Southern accent. I do find some Canadian linguistic mannerisms such as Eh,pardon and inflections which create some distractions. Michael Sylvester,PhD
Daytona Beach,Florida

Y'all talking fighting words.

Kenneth M. Steele, Ph.D.                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Department of Psychology          http://www.psych.appstate.edu
Appalachian State University
Boone, NC 28608
USA