Hi Sue,
I had a student whose text looked different than anyone's. I asked to see it.
It was a xeroxed copy of the text. He said he bought it online and it was
mailed from India.

Interesting...

Jim
Jim Matiya
Florida Gulf Coast University
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Contributor, for Karen Huffman's Psychology in Action, Video Guest Lecturettes
John Wiley and Sons.

Using David Myers' texts for AP Psychology? Go to
http://bcs.worthpublishers.com/cppsych/
High School Psychology and Advanced Psychology Graphic Organizers,
Pacing Guides, and Daily Lesson Plans archived at www.Teaching-Point.net

Subject: [tips] Digitally pirated textbooksFrom: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL
PROTECTED]: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 17:01:33 -0400

Not terribly surprising, but interesting nonetheless:

"After scanning his textbooks and making them available to anyone to download
free, a contributor at the file-sharing site PirateBay.org composed a colorful
message for “all publishers” of college textbooks, warning them that “myself
and all other students are tired of getting” ripped off. (The contributor’s
message included many ripe expletives, but hey, this is a family newspaper.)"

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/27/technology/27digi.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

--Sue Frantz                 Highline Community College       Psychology
        Des Moines, WA206.878.3710 x3404    [EMAIL
PROTECTED]://flightline.highline.edu/sfrantz/ --APA Division 2: Society for the
Teaching of Psychology
http://teachpsych.org/
Office of Teaching Resources in PsychologyAssociate DirectorProject
Syllabushttp://teachpsych.org/otrp/syllabi/syllabi.php
 ---To make changes to your subscription contact:Bill Southerly ([EMAIL
PROTECTED])