Cynthia, I have had success providing a 24-hour window in which to take
the test (e.g., Thursday midnight to Friday midnight). I have found
50-seconds per MC item is about right -- enough time for everyone to
complete the test but not so much that they can simply look up all the
answers.
--Dave

O'Dell, Cynthia D wrote:
> My campus was flooded during Hurricane Ike's trip through the  Midwest and we
> have not held classes in two weeks.
> As a result I am revising my Intro Psych syllabus and thought one way to find
> 3 extra days in the schedule would be to move
> the exams to online.  I can do this using ONCOURSE (our SAKAI based course
> management system).  My question to those who
> have used online testing is as follows:  when do you have the students take
> the exam?  If we held class Monday and Wednesday
> and so were ready for an exam, would you schedule the online exam for Friday
> or give them the entire weekend?  Any other tips
> online test users have would be greatly appreciated as well.
>
> Thanks
>
> Cynthia
>
> ---
> To make changes to your subscription contact:
>
> Bill Southerly ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

David E. Campbell, Ph.D.        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Department of Psychology        Phone: 707-826-3721   Office: 444 BSS
Humboldt State University       FAX:   707-826-4993
Arcata, CA  95521-8299          www.humboldt.edu/~campbell/psyc.htm
<http://www.humboldt.edu/%7Ecampbell/psyc.htm>