Given that only a small percentage of psychologists belong to the APA (I
haven't been a member since I stopped out for 6 years while doing nothing but
administrative work and when I inquired about renewing my membership was told
that I would have to pay the 6 years "back dues" in addition to the new year)
why would they care.  A person with a strong ethical sense wouldn't participate
in the kind of behavior that the letter (and resolution) bans anyway, and those
that would, probably wouldn't care if they were kicked out of the APA.  Joyce
Brothers was kicked out of the APA and that didn't stop her from doing whatever
it was that she did.  And, it didn't keep her from making lots of money doing
what she did, whatever it was that she did.

>   Marie Helweg-Larsen wrote:
>   Very interesting letter. Do any of you know what
>   this policy in fact means or how it will actually
>   affect the work of military psychologists? What does
>   it mean to say psychologists are "prohibited" from .
>   . . .?  What is the force behind the policy? Will
>   there be sanctions, removal of membership or
>   credentialing, etc.? Of is it just a publicity ploy
>   without teeth?

Bob Wildblood, PhD, HSPP
Lecturer in Psychology
Indiana University Kokomo
Kokomo, IN  46904-9003
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

We have in fact, two kinds of morality, side by side: one which we preach, but
do not practice, and another which we practice, but seldom preach. -Bertrand
Russell, philosopher, mathematician, author, Nobel laureate (1872-1970)