Michael wrote
"I could swear that I read somewhere (might have been a review in Time
magazine) that some tenets of sociobiology state that men go to war to please
women, and that gays make it possible for there to be more females available
for reproduction and thus enhancing the gene pool."

Aside from exhibiting a complete misunderstanding of a) the difference between
a tenet & a hypothesis and b) the basic theory of neoDarwininan evolution
(upon which sociobiology is based), this a great question. (not)

Ed

Edward I. Pollak, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology
West Chester University of Pennsylvania