Happy Thanksgiving, tipsters,

I think it is unfortunate that mind-over-matter mumbo jumbo has to be
employed in order to sell healthy lifestyle choices. I don't think for one
moment
that exercising and eating a reasonably healthy diet will cure cancer,  but it
is well known that sedentary behaviors and high fat diets play a role in
raising the risk of certain cancers (breast and color among them). We should be

able to promote these strategies without the nonsense.

Since exercise is a known mood enhancer and stress reliever, it should be
recommended to those who have been diagnosed with cancer if they are physically

able to engage, for the same reasons. It can't hurt, and it may very well
help.  If I was diagnosed tomorrow, I would hope that I could find the strength
and  will to continue my exercise program even if in a more limited regimen. I
believe it would enhance my treatments to help me survive - not  through
"magic" but through real physical benefit.

Nancy  Melucci
Long Beach City College
Long Beach CA

Make a Small Loan, Make a Big Difference - Check out Kiva.org to Learn  How!

In a message dated 11/27/2008 7:05:27 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,