Pacing Guides, and Daily Lesson Plans archived at www.Teaching-Point.net

Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 14:57:38 -0500From: bethben...@metrocast.netto:
t...@acsun.frostburg.edusubject: Re: [tips] Dave Myers' text

Thank you, Dap, for saying what we're probably all thinking.  I believe my
colleagues may have been attempting the extinction techniques we've been
not-so-obliquely discussing online.  But I see that Michael has already used up
his three posts for the day, so I'm happy to concur that Dave's textbook is a
terrific one.  (Actually, I am using both his Intro and Social textbooks at
present.)  I'd forgotten about his generous contribution of his royalty
proceeds, and I'm glad you pointed that out, as he's not the kind of guy to
toot his own horn.

I've met him at meetings, and find him as warm and genuine as he comes across
in his books.  He also is quick to respond to any suggestions or questions.  I
also found his book, A Quiet World:  Living with Hearing Loss to be so
informative, but told with humor about things like his wife's occasional
exasperation when he wouldn't wear his hearing aid, and other human interest
stories.

Beth Benoit
Granite State College
New Hampshire