>>> Paul Brandon <paul.bran...@mnsu.edu> 01/07/09 1:34 PM >>>

The question of whether one can control (produce a change in
behavior) without controlling is more a philosophical one.

I am a reader of the works of Sidman, Kantor, and Powers. I'm still not sure
what coercion is. Coercion certainly seems to be an ethical no-no (obsolete
phrase meaning impropriety) these days, but where does effective behavioral
control become coercion? Or maybe the question is, where does effective
behavioral control stop becoming coercion? Is it simply a matter of informed
consent? Would extinction of a TIPS member's "inappropriate" comments without
his (or her) consent be considered coercion? Should a group such as this be
coercive like that?

Bill Scott