It sounds like you're using a PC.  I've used both Camtasia and
Captivate and they're both great.  I suppose I lean toward Captivate
on the PC.  I'm on a Mac and I think the best screen casting software
is, hands down, a program called ScreenFlow (although iShowU is a good
program as well).  I used ScreenFlow in the most recent episode of my
podcast.  What I like about ScreenFlow, and I you don't get this in
Captivate, is the ability to record yourself talking and put the video
of yourself in a small corner of the screencast.  Check this out in my
latest video episode
(http://www.thepsychfiles.com/2009/01/13/episode-83-new-years-resolutions-to-lose-weight-why-so-hard-to-keep/

   or: http://bit.ly/22W1eP)

Being able to include a small video of yourself into the screencast
will allow you to put a face on yourself and, I think, give you a
little better personal connection to your students - especially
important for online courses.

Does anyone know whether you can include video of yourself when using
Camtasia?

Michael

Michael Britt
mich...@thepsychfiles.com