From: DeVolder Carol L [mailto:devoldercar...@sau.edu]
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2009 10:58 AM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: [tips] need suggestions for a student

Hi,
I have a student/advisee that I am trying to help figure out some
things. She is a lovely young woman who is multi-talented. She is bright
and enthusiastic with a love of psychology, plus a double-major in art,
plus a coaching certificate (she was set to play semi-pro basketball but
a torn ACL quashed that). She wants a career that will combine all of
those things. She considered clinical or counseling psych but wants to
integrate the art and the movement (she also has a background in dance).
She considered sports psychology but feels it's too limiting. We talked
about art therapy, but she thinks that's too limiting as well. Plus, she
wants to work with children. Can anyone suggest a possible career path
that might combine some or all of her talents?  I think she holds a
great deal of promise, and I want to help her explore some options. Any
ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Carol

Carol DeVolder, Ph.D.