From: Wuensch, Karl L <wuens...@ecu.edu>
Subject: RE: [tips] Can you plagiarize your own work?
To: "Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)" <tips@acsun.frostburg.edu>

    This assignment may well have pedagogical value, depending on how it is
framed.  It could be framed this way:  Your task is to find several
publications that address your chosen topic.  For each of these you should copy
into a Word document the citation and the most important few paragraphs from
the article.
    Of course, a nice follow-up assignment would be to have the students go
back and paraphrase the quotations.  Then a follow-up where they write several
paragraphs relating the various articles to one another and to theoretical and
practical matters.

Cheers,

Karl W.