http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/10/science/10tier.html?em

This article discusses some fairly recent research on what most people
feel about dream interpretation.  What isn't surprising is that most
'regular folks' prefer the Freudian perspective on dreams versus the far
less sexy theory coming from the activation-synthesis theory that dreams
are just our brain's attempt to make sense out of random neural firing.
(I mean, which theory makes us seem and feel more mysterious and
intriguing?!) However, the research shows that people exhibit strong
personal biases on how their their dreams should be interpreted.  Check it
out.

Joan
jwarm...@oakton.edu