Tim:

You didn't ask for a book in this area but there is a 2nd edition (20 years after the 1st) of an excellent ABA book.

Cooper, J. O., Heron, T. E., & Heward, W. L. (2007). Applied Behavior Analysis (2nd ed). Pearson Education: Upper Saddle River, NJ.

This is an excellent reference work for an undergrad institution. Also, the book connects sections in the text directly to competencies required for BCBA certification in case any of your students are headed down that path.

Finally, how can you not be interested in a book where all the authors are wearing bike jerseys in the author photo. Ride on!

Ken

Shearon, Tim wrote:
To my favorite list of highly informed colleagues! Our
department has somehow not spent our library budget completely
(deadline is today!). As I was looking over some of our areas
of weakness in the collection, it occurred to me that the
collective intelligence and experience of "tips" is a far
better source of suggestions than my tiny/fatigued little gray
cells! So do any of you have any highly recommended texts in
the following areas for the last say year to two that are just
MUST PURCHASES for an undergraduate library. If you wish, I
could compile a list and do feel free to respond off list.
Here are the areas I was looking at:

Social psychology (probably our greatest area of need and one
we are least expert in- your help in this one particularly
appreciated) History of psychology Learning- specifically
animal learning Applied studies on learning/performance (or
particularly important basic research in the area of human
learning and performance) Neuropsychology- (brain injury and
recovery and sports related in particular) Forensic psychology

Your thoughts will be much appreciated by me and the
department but I suspect even more-so by our students! Tim
Shearon

_______________________________ Timothy O. Shearon, PhD Professor and Chair Department of Psychology The College of
Idaho Caldwell, ID 83605 email: tshea...@collegeofidaho.edu

teaching: intro to neuropsychology; psychopharmacology;
general; history and systems

"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." Dorothy Parker

--- To make changes to your subscription contact:

Kenneth M. Steele, Ph.D.                  steel...@appstate.edu
Professor and Assistant Chairperson
Department of Psychology          http://www.psych.appstate.edu
Appalachian State University