  From: DeVolder Carol L
  To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
  Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 1:40 PM
  Subject: [tips] Question about coping

  Hi,

  I have been talking about stress and the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis
in my Brain & Behavior class, and I asked the students to turn in to me a list
of 10 coping mechanism that they employ. They dutifully did so, and now I want
to provide them some feedback; however, I'm out of class time to discuss this.
So, I plan on summarizing what they turned in and I'd like to give them
additional information on coping styles and strategies. Do any of you have
exercises, information, or hand-outs that you use in class and would be willing
to share?

  Thanks, as always,

  Carol

  Carol DeVolder, Ph.D.

  Professor of Psychology

  Chair, Department of Psychology

  St. Ambrose University

  Davenport, Iowa  52803

  phone: 563-333-6482

  e-mail: devoldercar...@sau.edu

---To make changes to your subscription contact:Bill Southerly
(bsouthe...@frostburg.edu)