The apparent flashmob event which Annette (I think) pointed us to was
actually a joyous T-Mobile ( British cell phone company) commercial
staged at the Liverpool train station on January 15, 2009 with 400
dancers [see it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ3d3KigPQM ]

It was followed, probably on February 6th, by a real flashmob event at
Liverpool Station, which attracted a huge crowd, estimated at 13,000
people.

I commented in my last post  that this represented "Life imitating and
outdoing (commercial) art".

But browsing youtube turns up a more complicated truth. Dance
flashmobbing had been going on at that station at least as far back as
October of 2006 (see
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nBOQCpHAMY&feature=related )

This is undoubtedly where T-Mobile found the inspiration for its
commercial.

So it's not life imitating art. It's life imitating art imitating life.

And what about Vinni Pukh? This has nothing to do with any of the above,
but for devotees of this silly old bear, you might want to catch these
wonderful cartoon adaptations of his adventures. Hint: They're not
Disney's.
http://niffiwan.livejournal.com/15761.html

Stephen L. Black, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology, Emeritus
Bishop's University      e-mail:  sbl...@ubishops.ca
2600 College St.
Sherbrooke QC  J1M 1Z7
Canada

Subscribe to discussion list (TIPS) for the teaching of
psychology at http://flightline.highline.edu/sfrantz/tips/