Yes, in Mike's case it appeared that his emphasis on language and symbolic
representation and presumption of genetic dissimilarity presumed the point he
was making about the disparity between animal and human studies.  The level of
analysis reflected in his quote also seemed at first blush to me not at the
level of analysis for those research studies he was citing.   Gary

Gerald L. (Gary) Peterson, Ph.D.
Professor, Psychology
Saginaw Valley State University
University Center, MI 48710