In my opinion, the article I'm attaching the link to exemplifies much of what
Joan is saying. As I read this article I was struck by many things, including
the illogical nature of it as well as the fact that many people assume that
since it's on NPR, it automatically has validity. Maybe it's not related to
this conversation, it just seemed like it to me.

http://tinyurl.com/ptlysg

Carol

Carol L. DeVolder, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology
Chair, Department of Psychology
St. Ambrose University
518 West Locust Street
Davenport, Iowa 52803

Phone: 563-333-6482
e-mail: devoldercar...@sau.edu
web: http://web.sau.edu/psychology/psychfaculty/cdevolder.htm

The contents of this message are confidential and may not be shared with anyone
without permission of the sender.