Beth Benoit wrote:

Interesting article in this month's Monitor online about what might be "a culturally based manifestation of psychotic thinking: the belief that one is the star of a reality TV show. Some people particularly identify with the protagonist in the 1998 film "The Truman Show," in which Truman Burbank, played by Jim Carrey, discovers his entire life has been fabricated by the media and he is the unwitting center of a reality TV show."

http://www.apa.org/monitor/2009/06/delusion.html

Beth Benoit
Granite State College
Plymouth State University
New Hampshire

I've had a variant of that delusion. Sometimes I find myself in a room full of young adults and they are writing down whatever I say.

Ken

Kenneth M. Steele, Ph.D.                  steel...@appstate.edu
Professor and Assistant Chairperson
Department of Psychology          http://www.psych.appstate.edu