OTOH, I would argue that some things are more available.

For example, I have a much wider wealth of what used to be paper only in terms
of journals and magazines and newspapers. I LOVE the electronic medium for its
accessiblity and availability. At my institution we have fewer and fewer paper
copies of anything in the library any longer and mostly just have e-texts.

I wonder if tips, which is in danger as Bill thinks about retiring, might not
be better served by going to facebook, as a page that we could communicate
through. The other advantage to that is we can put a picture and know what we
all look like. Hah! That would be fun.

Bill, have you considered that? It would mean that there would be no easily
searched archive, but I bet as time goes by, this would become increasingly
available. Alternatively, we'd all be responsible for our own memories about
things and dowloading things that might be important. Hmmm. not sure that's a
good option though.

Annette

Annette Kujawski Taylor, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology