I'm also a proponent of Ning.com.

The advantage of an email list is that many of us still live in email.  TIPS
comes to us. With a social networking site, like Ning, one needs to go to that
site.  Although if you use an RSS feed reader, you can have Ning send you
updates when something new appears.

If there's enough interest in trying out Ning to see if it's something that
would work, I'd be happy to set it up.

Just as a 'by the way' since we're discussing alternative modes of
communication the Office of Teaching Resources in Psychology (OTRP, the
resources wing of Div 2 - STP) has been discussing the value of creating a
teaching of psych wiki where resources like videos, classroom demos and
activities, assignments, student learning assessment tools, etc. could be
stored.  If you'd like to be part of the discussions around that, please drop
me an email off-list (sfra...@highline.edu).

My best,
Sue

--
Sue Frantz                                         Highline Community College
Psychology, Coordinator                Des Moines, WA

Office of Teaching Resources in Psychology, Associate Director
Project Syllabus
APA Division 2: Society for the Teaching of Psychology

APA's p...@cc Committee