I think the story is that many Florida universities are considering dumping landlines from dorms.

See http://tinyurl.com/llaa9q

and

http://tinyurl.com/ldnztp

michael sylvester wrote:

The admin at FSU has decided that the Department of Business faculty will no lnger have land line services in their offices.They must arrange to be contacted and contact through their cells.Apparently this us a budgetary cost saving measure.Other departments are also considering this measure. Will this be a trend in academia? What are the pros and cons of this model? Can you imagine getting a cell call while having a two martini lunch or a three margarita breakfast?
Send me something: you could be the next tipster of the week.
Michael Sylvester,PhD
Daytona Beach,Florida

Kenneth M. Steele, Ph.D.                  steel...@appstate.edu
Professor and Assistant Chairperson