michael sylvester wrote:

> If scientific findings represent flawless objectivity,why do need
> replications?

No one of significance ever said that "scientific findings represent
flawless objectivity." What they (should have) said is that the
scientific approach is our best bet of finding out what is really going
on in the world. Observation is still subject to all of the criticisms
that were heaped upon it by Idealists from Plato on down to the present
day (we make errors, we can be deceived, our predispositions sometimes
overwhelm our senses, etc.). Replication helps us to catch some of those
flaws. Science is not particularly efficient, and it is certainly not
perfect. It is merely better than everything else we have tried.

Regards,
--

Christopher D. Green
Department of Psychology