On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 09:35:17 -0700, Christopher D. Green wrote:
>Funny that Dylan just showed him his ID. Is there any reason one
>has to show police id and account for walking on a public sidewalk
>in the US?

Because they have power and authority?  In NYC, hundreds of
thousands have been subjected to "stop and frisk".  Consider the
following articles from the NY Daily News:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/02/06/2009-02-06_lowrisk_frisks_thousands_of_minorities_a.html
or
http://tinyurl.com/na3ftj

and
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2009/05/18/2009-05-18_whats_wrong_search_us.html

or
http://tinyurl.com/mpw53c

And it's not just NYC.  Consider the following:
http://www.webstercitynews.com/page/content.detail/id/504071.html?nav=5002

As long as we're on Bob Dylan, quoting "Just Like Tom Thumbs Blues":
|If you're lookin' to get silly
|You better go back to from where you came
|Because the cops don't need you
|And man they expect the same

-Mike Palij
New York University
m...@nyu.edu

P.S. As usual I have no idea what some Tipsters are talking about when
they engage in stream of consciousness posting.  Depending upon what
one means by "accolades", it would seem that Van Morrison has been
recognized substantially for his musical contributions. Quoting from his
Wikipedia entry:

|Morrison has received several major music awards in his career,
|including six Grammy Awards (1996 - 2007); inductions into the
|Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (January 1993), the Songwriters Hall of Fame
|(June 2003), and the Irish Music Hall of Fame (September 1999); and
|a Brit Award (February 1994). In addition he has received civil awards
|of an OBE (June 1996) and an Officier de l'Ordre des Arts et des Lettres
(1996),
|and he has honorary doctorates from the University of Ulster (1992)
|and Queen's University Belfast (July 2001).
|
|The Grammy Awards were:
|Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals, 1996, "Have I Told You Lately"
|(with The Chieftains)
|Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals, 1998, "Don't Look Back" (with John Lee
Hooker)
|Hall of Fame, 1999, Astral Weeks
|Hall of Fame, 1999, Moondance
|Hall of Fame, 1999, "Gloria"
|Hall of Fame, 2007, "Brown Eyed Girl"

and

|Three of Morrison's songs were included in the The Rock and Roll
|Hall of Fame's 500 Songs that Shaped Rock and Roll: "Brown Eyed Girl",
|"Madame George" and "Moondance".[307]

|Morrison has been announced to be one of the 2010 honorees listed in
|the Hollywood Walk of Fame.[308]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Morrison

Van the Man is currently touring and his schedule is available on his website:
http://www.vanmorrison.com/

Head's up Toronto (Sept 30, 2009)