I've been happiest with the Sue brothers' text, *Understanding Abnormal
Psychology.*  For personality, you'll need to decide whether you want to go
with theorists (in which case, Schultz and Schultz, *Theories of
Personality *is probably as good as any), or a more generalized study of the
field (my first choice), in which case, I used and loved Buss' *Personality
Psychology:  Domains of Knowledge about Human Nature*.  David Buss, of
course, is da man in the field of Personality, IMHO.
Beth Benoit
Granite State College
Plymouth State University
New Hampshire