Yes. Of course. The sum total of all the evidence that the authorities had
to go on I'm sure.

But, another internet source (Wikepedia) says "On 31 January 2001, he was
convicted, by a panel of Scottish Judges sitting in a special court at Camp
Zeist in the Netherlands, of 270 counts of murder for his part in the
bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, on 21 December 1988."

So if that is correct, then he was convicted of 270 counts of murder--that
is a mass murderer and would be at odds with your statement that he was not
convicted of committing mass murder.

Besides, your two statements, what he was convicted of, and the grounds of
those convictions are really two separate issues.

So, I would reiterate that he indeed was convicted of mass murder and that
MacAskill's "compassion" can only be construed as such by the wildest of
imagination.

It's so unfortunate that it's the common people who again have to bear with
the immorality of self-styled demi-gods.

--Mike