From: Marc Carter [mailto:marc.car...@bakeru.edu]
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 11:45 AM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: RE: [tips] psychology is not a science

I get really annoyed at people who do not do science but nonetheless feel
authorized to expound on what it is or isn't.

Bugs me a lot when philosophers tell us what we should or shouldn't do.  I
mean, I love phil (majored in it in college), but in order to know what a
science is you have to watch what scientists do -- and that would mean
descending from those lofty heights and getting in a lab.

Grr.

--
Marc Carter, PhD
Associate Professor and Chair

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail")
is sent by Baker University ("BU") and is intended to be confidential and for
the use of only the individual or entity named above. The information may be
protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts or other legal
rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please
immediately notify Baker University by email reply and immediately and
permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.