From: Hugh Foley [mailto:hfo...@skidmore.edu]
Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2009 8:31 PM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: Re: [tips] Undergraduate Research Directors and Programs at 4-year
schools

At Skidmore there is a Grants Officer, but no director of undergrad
research (probably because the nature of research is so diverse across
disciplines). Faculty are not compensated for directing research
(senior theses, independent studies) during the academic year.
However, for our summer student-faculty collaborative research
program, both faculty and students receive stipends (and students also
receive room and board). I'm fairly certain that the person who
coordinates that summer program does so as part of administrative
duties (i.e., not an unpaid member of the faculty).

Hugh