Ken Steele's appreciation of Michael Britt's video:

> Michael:  Well done!  I will share this with colleagues.

Clever work.  I appreciate it also, even if I no longer have a use for it.

One additional possibility to explain a correlation, often overlooked: genetic.

It may be that one or more genes predispose to a personality type in which the
individual
is both satisfied with his choices and works hard at them.

So genes---> job satisfaction and productivity.

Or, for example, parents who spank (A) may have aggressive kids (B), a
correlation.
Spanking may cause aggression (A-->B).   Or aggressive kids may invite more
spanking
(B-->A)  Or economic deprivation and lack of education (C) may cause kjds to
get
spanked more, and the kids to be more aggressive (C-->A; C-->B). Or the parents
have
genes which make them behave aggressively,  and to spank more. The genes are
passed
on to the kids, who, as a result, show a similar tendency. (genes-->A;
genes-->B).

Stephen L. Black, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology, Emeritus
Bishop's University