Oops, I was wrong. The article is in Perspectives on Psychological Science,
along with a response from Lieberman and others. It's a fascinating debate, and
I think that the dead salmon study makes the correlations in fMRI studies look
even fishier.

From: Bourgeois, Dr. Martin
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 7:58 PM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: RE: [tips] Dead salmon detects human emotion

This is awesome, and it reminds me of a debate at the upcoming Society for
Experimental Social Psychology:

Puzzlingly High Correlations in Cognitive/Affective Neuroscience
 Matthew Lieberman, University of California at Los Angeles vs. Piotr
Winkielman, University of California, San Diego, with David Kenny as
moderator

The debate is organized around a paper that just came out in Current Directions
in Psychological Science (Piotr Winkielman is one of the authors), which argues
that the methods of a great many fMRI studies lead to spurious correlations
(the original title of the paper was Voodoo Correlations in Cognitive/Affective
Neuroscience) because researchers selectively define the brain regions of
interest after looking at the data.