I have a student who wants to read a book for an assignment in class. Normally
they students get to pick from a variety of books that focus on critical
evaluation of an issue and I have about 20 posted on my webct page for them to
pick from.

But this student wants to read something related to child psychotherapy.
Normally, for therapy in general, I would recommend the book by Lilienfeld et
al on Science and Pseudoscience in clinical psychology. But, because she is
interestd in child therapy I need a recommendation. She asked me to read Dibs
in search of self but I nixed that one. The depiction of autism is horrible and
the "play therapy" is poorly characterized. If nothing else I might have her do
some background reading on autism and play therapy and then have her read and
critique Dibs.

If any of you have a good trade book on this topic that would show good
critical thinking about the issues, please let me know backchannel and I will
compile the suggestions and post to the list.

Thanks

Annette

Annette Kujawski Taylor, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychology