From: Dennis Goff [dg...@randolphcollege.edu]
Sent: Sunday, October 04, 2009 9:12 AM
To: Teaching in the Psychological Sciences (TIPS)
Subject: RE: [tips] Re:  [tips] Books on Psych of Thinking for Lay People

You should take a look at
Kluge: The Haphazard Construction of the Human Mind by Gary Marcus.

This book presents an evolutionary perspective on problems with human
cognition. The focus is mostly on social cognition. I found myself thinking
about faculty meetings while I read. The book is short and lively. I think it
is appropriate for a lay audience or students in an introductory course.

Dennis

Dennis M. Goff
Charles A. Dana Professor of Psychology
Department of Psychology
Randolph College (Founded as Randolph-Macon Woman's College in 1891)
Lynchburg VA 24503