On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 18:45:56 -0400, Scott Lilienfeld wrote:
> Hi Mike -
>Ekman has long been at UC San Francisco (Department
>of Psychiatry), and I believe is Professor Emeritus there.
>Cheers....Scott

Thanks for pointing this out.  Ekman's affiliation turns out to be
a curious false memory for me.  A colleague did her Ph.D. in
developmental at UC-Berkeley and had worked with Ekman
and continues to do so (she even mentioned a get together for
the "Ekman gang" a while back in San Francisco) which was
the basis for my thinking that Ekman was at Berkeley.  I double
checked a short bio for her and while she did get her Ph.D. at
Berkeley, she did a post-doc with Ekman at UCSF.  The odd
thing about this is that I read Ekman's "Telling Lies" about
a decade or so and had to have known at that time that he
was at UCSF but subsequently I have spent more time with my
colleague and UCSF changed to UC-Berkeley over time in my
head though I don't think she ever mentioned working with Ekman
at Berkely (unless it was in one of things he's be doing recently
at Berkely; quoting from the Wikipedia entry on Ekman:

|He is currently on the Editorial Board of Greater Good magazine,
|published by the Greater Good Science Center of the
|University of California, Berkeley.

I guess I should check my assumptions more often. :-)

-Mike Palij
New York University
m...@nyu.edu