Ah geez, I hate these kinds of surveys, I never know what to make of them.

The question asked was, apparently, "Evolutionary theories should be taught in
science lessons in schools together with other possible perspectives, such as
intelligent design and creationism."

First of all, the 54% Brit positive response vs. the 51% US positive response
is likely within the margin of error. Secondly, the wording of the question is
problematic. I have to wonder what the response would have been if the question
asked had been reversed: "Theories such as intelligent design and creationism
should be taught in science lessons in schools together with other possible
perspectives, such as evolutionary theory."

Not to say that I'm not disturbed by the numbers...nor do I know what the
response would be to my revised question.

But since Chris is in Canada, I feel justified in asking this question...what
are the percentages to these types of questions iin Canada? Any big differences
compared to Brits & US?

John
--
John Serafin