I was quite interested in the discussion about Seligman, as I am
starting  on the chapter on Motivation these days.
I am teaching at a "Lycée" in Switzerland, (which would roughly be
equivalent to last year high school and first year college).
I introduce them to Seligman's experiments and it really speaks to them.
But concerning "expanatory style", I prefer to introduce the related
concepts along with the cognitive dimensions of motivation.
And I thought the concepts of internality, stability and globality
were introduced by Wiener:

Wiener B. (1972). "Attribution, preceiving the causes of the
behavior". Morristown, NJ General Learning Press
Weiner, B. (1974). Achievement motivation and attribution theory.
Morristown, N.J.: General Learning Press.

Weiner, B. (1980). Human Motivation. NY: Holt, Rinehart & Winston.

Weiner, B. (1986). An attributional theory of motivation and emotion.
New York: Springer-Verlag.
Can anyone correct me on this?
Phil Gervaix
Lycée de Burier