How about the opening scene from the original Ghostbusters movie, where
Venkman tests two students for "the effect of negative reinforcement on
ESP ability" by shocking one while favoring the other (an attractive
female).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn7-JZq0Yxs

-Max

Maxwell Gwynn, PhD
Psychology Department
Wilfrid Laurier University
519-884-0710 ext 3854
mgw...@wlu.ca

>>> Rick Froman <rfro...@jbu.edu> 12/4/2009 11:45:19 PM >>>

I was considering having a mini-film festival as the semester ends in
my Psychological Testing class. I don*t mean long films but short clips
from films that could be entertaining but also allow for some
re-capitulation of the principles discussed in the semester. Some of my
favorites are the testing of Leon from Blade Runner (you want to talk
about my mother?) and the *psychiatrist* from Miracle on 34th St. I also
once saw a short on one of the movie channels (probably TCM) called
something like *Psychometrician*. It was one of those one reel movies
that described a particular occupation. This one was particularly
intriguing because it showed the psychometrician at work giving some
hapless examinee a stress test that seemed to involve, if my memory is
correct, shooting off a starter pistol behind the man*s head. I guess
someone thought that would be an occupation someone might be interested
in. I have searched IMDb and the web and have never been able to find
it. That would be an interesting one to record if I ever see it again.
What are your favorite psych testing-related movie clips? Rick Dr. Rick
Froman, ChairDivision of Humanities and Social Sciences Professor of
Psychology Box 3055John Brown University 2000 W. University Siloam
Springs, AR  72761
rfro...@jbu.edu(479)524-7295http://tinyurl.com/DrFroman