Britt, Michael wrote:

>    1. The Technique of Correlation is developed 1890

I thought the Pearson r wasn't published until the first years of the
20th century. What publication did you have in mind? And if you're going
to include the correlation coefficient, why not the t-test (Gossett, aka
"Student") and ANOVA (Fisher)?

>    1. Animal Intelligence (Law of Effect is developed) - Edward
>       Thorndike - 1898

As I recall, the Law od Effect didn't appear explicitly until the
expanded 1911 version of Animal Intelligence (the book). The 1898
version was just his dissertation, published, I think, in _Psych
Monographs_.

[....]

>    1. Conditioned Reflexes - Pavlov 1927

What of Skinner's "schedules of reinforcement"? Is that too obscure for
your needs? I think they appeared in his 1938 book _Behavior of
Organisms_ (but the may have appeared earlier in an article).

Regards,
Chris
--

Christopher D. Green