Today in class I was reviewing the tragic case of Genie, the so-called
"modern day wild child". The last news I had heard of her came from
David Rigler, a prominent member of the research team that had studied
her, in a letter published in the New York Times (June 13, 1993). He
said that she "is again living in a board-and-care home".

A student in class informed me that she had died in her 30's of
cancer. I haven't been able to confirm this.

Anone know?

-Stephen

Stephen Black, Ph.D.                      tel: (819) 822-9600 ext 2470
Bishop's University                    e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lennoxville, QC
J1M 1Z7
Canada     Department web page at http://www.ubishops.ca/ccc/div/soc/psy