Sandra wrote:

> Rick, Pat, et al.
>
> The information I received from Michael Hulsizer was embedded in
> the message
> itself and not attached in a separate file. Some servers and ISP's,
> apparently, convert messages of certain, 'excessive' size to the
> attached file
> format automatically. This has happened to me using AOL.

        Actually, the opposite is probably true. AOL tends to include attachments
in the body of a message when they are below a certain size while most email
programs (i.e., Outlook 98--which I use--Eudora Pro, etc.) leave them as
attachments instead.

        For the record, the author of the message sent a personal note that stated
he had accidently sent it as an attachment instead of including it in the
message as he had intended, so in at least this case it was AOL that made
the conversion--something that could offer potential harm to AOL users, btw,
if a macro virus is included in a message sent in that manner.

        Rick