Zyprexa (olanzapine),one of the newest (released October 1996) atypical
antipsychotics is made by Eli Lilly, Indianapolis, Indiana.  If you call or
write them they will send a very nice packet of information for professionals
in the mental health field.  Basically, it spares the D2 receptors which are
implicated in the major muscular problems inherent with haldol.  Furthermore,
it does not cause the problems with agranulocytosis that closapine does, nor
does it seem to produce the copious drooling which so many patients on
closapine have to cope with.  There are several new antipsychotics out now as
later generations to closapine, one of which is Sertindol by Abbot labs who
will also send info.  There are a few more but I don't have my info with me
right now and can't think of their names.  Because olanzapine is new, clinical
trials are still being done to assess longer term potential S/Es.

Hope this helps,
Lynn Sproul, RN