As this discussion has not yet died, and I am at school today
and can reply :-) let me echo a previous sentiment that I
thought was EXTREMELY important because it happened here!

DO NOT go over limits!!!
The administration here took that as an indication that we could
"handle" more students and upped the caps.

It is a nightmare and I have had to dilute the quality of assignments
because, while I could read and effectively critique 30 term papers
I _CANNOT_ do 40!!!!

Be very careful about how adding students might in the long run
jeapordize the quality of your teaching for all of the students.
I feel like I can no longer provide the quality I used to; I now have
students do a 2 separate article critiques but this is not the same
as having to write a term paper in which they need to make an
explicit, logical connection between separate papers.

annette

Annette Taylor, Ph. D.
Department of Psychology                E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
University of San Diego                 Voice:   (619) 260-4006
5998 Alcala Park
San Diego, CA  92110

                "Education is one of the few things a person
                 is willing to pay for and not get."
                                                -- W. L. Bryan