I continue to be amazed (five years into teaching) by some of the things our
students come to us having been taught.  I had a student in a master's level
developmental psych class who thought that the best way to summarize an
article was not to rephrase each sentence, but to use a series of quotes on
every important point.  This was a good student, who was by the way offended
that I objected to this after no one in his undergrad program had (all the
more galling to me because he was a grad of our program!).

Kris Lewis
Saint Michael's College
Colchester VT