Kris -

While not nearly as overstuffed as your department seems to be, ours, too,
is bad - one of the highest majors to faculty ratios on campus. One thing
we require is a full year of bio (basically a year-long course in anatomy &
physiology). Does St. Michael's require that? Just a thought.

Johnna

P.S. Of course there's always the calculus solution... :)