From: Michael Sylvester [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 1999 11:49 AM
To: TIPS
Subject: STM/phone numbers

my usual explanation of Short term memory is the standard:
it is a limited capacity system and last for about 30 seconds.
The example of the limited capacity given is that of the 7 digit
telephone number.
I am getting tired of citing the telephone number as an example.
What other examples of limited STM capacity do other tipsters give?
Btw,I suspect with the telephone companies now thinking of going
to a 10 digit telephone number,the 7 digit example may not be
concurrently valid.

Michael Sylvester
Daytona Beach,Florida